HireBetter has been retained to identify an Accounting Associate for a leading manufacturer of consumer-packaged goods products in the Austin, TX area. Our client designs and delivers industry leading, award winning products known for their engineering, aesthetic and design qualities.
The Accounting Associate reports directly to the Senior Accountant and is responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate. The accounting associate also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties. The accounting associate may also check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
• Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
• Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
• Classifies, records and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
• Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
• Performs accounts payable and receivable responsibilities.
• Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
• Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
• Codes documents according to company procedures.
• Reconciles and reports discrepancies found in records
• Assist with month / year end closings
• Associate degree minimum plus one to three years’ previous experience.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills to effectively and efficiently manage large amounts of data.
• Attention to detail
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U. S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.