816 N Congress Ave Suite 1400
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 06/29/2018
Job ID: 1974
Industry: Other Area(s)
The Role: Vice President of Sales, Vendor Solutions
Location: American Fork, UT
HireBetter is recruiting on behalf of our client, a SaaS provider specializing in strategic sourcing, e-Procurement and business intelligence software packages. Our client is the expert in making procurement easier, quicker, more efficient and less costly. With deep experience in government and business solutions, they have a long track record of success that comes from working in the industries they serve.
The leading technology analyst in the world has ranked our client’ s products as among the best in the world, ranking them ahead of other industry heavyweights. The company is competing and winning business against much larger companies because of their superior products and ability to deliver value.
Serving as a key member of the senior leadership team and driving decisions that contribute to the overall performance and growth of the company, the Vice President of Sales of our client’ s Vendor Solutions Business will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy to deliver profitable growth and commercial success. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this individual will be charged with achieving sales and margin objectives through the management of inside sales and customer service, transitioning the company to a more unassisted sales model.
- Implement sales processes and methodologies that drive a culture of high performance, insuring that repeatable sales processes are easily taught and maintained
- Drive sales and revenue by effectively developing and implementing best-in-class performance metrics that drive improvements in conversion rates, average price-per-sale and sales-per-representative
- Develop and track product sales forecasts, goals and corresponding initiatives based upon overall strategy, market conditions and operational capabilities
- Develop compensation & incentive plans to effectively lead improvements in the overall effectiveness, skill level, tenure and professionalism of the sales team
- Transition the sales model towards unassisted, B2B e-commerce selling, maintaining an optimal level of direct inside selling (assisted), and developing best in class methods for converting leads into sales
- Utilize Salesforce and other business intelligence tools to conduct ongoing data analysis to further drive insights into the business and foster a culture focused on data-driven solutions
- Build a sales program focused on value selling
- Maintain constant focus on customer satisfaction with an emphasis on customer retention
- Establish and maintain close connections to the vendor community that drive retention and new sales
- Collaborate with other executives to identify, evaluate, and prioritize commercial offerings that satisfy current and unmet customer needs
- Lead the development of value propositions and solutions to maximize sales and profit
- 15 years of total experience, with 5-7 years at the strategic management level, and a bachelor’ s degree from a top-tier university; an MBA (or other equivalent management experience) is preferred
- Relevant B2B or B2G product, sales, and marketing experience with significant experience in management at a senior level; additional experience in e-commerce subscription services or e-commerce sales to small businesses, segmentation, pricing, and channel management is desired.
- Proven record of accomplishment with a consistent track record of demonstrating a measurable, positive impact on all facets of the business including profitability, revenue and growth
- Success running a high volume, quick-turn, sales-focused organization with experience building teams and utilizing cutting edge sales methodologies
- Experience in establishing and executing a sales training program focused on value-based and visual selling
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; must have an established track record of building strong relationships with key constituencies
- The candidate selected for this position will be an entrepreneurial, out-of-the-box thinker with a background working in high-growth environments
- Intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning
- Self-motivated and can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment
- A natural leader who can gain credibility with team members and senior management
- Highly organized, and possess exceptional planning and time management skills
- Skilled at communicating in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.