Type of Position: Sales & Business Development
Job Number: 2142
The Role: VP of Sales Executive for Food-Tech Start Up
Our client is seeking a VP of Sales Executive to lead global business development in key global markets spanning the post-harvest food supply chain from crop storage, warehousing, transportation and food distribution. The candidate will work directly with top leadership, marketing and product development, and will be responsible for both a customer-leading sales strategy and incremental revenue growth delivery while developing key accounts in the various sectors that deal with post harvesting crop safe storage monitoring and infestation remediation. This position is located in Austin, TX and includes approximately 50% travel to various locations within the US with some international travel.
Our client is passionate about a very big problem – world hunger. Created by top agronomy experts and software engineers, they bring intelligent technology to our history’ s oldest industry, keeping harvests healthy and the world happily fed. After leaving the field, 17% of the world’ s harvests spoil. In developing countries, loss skyrockets to more than 30%. Our client’ s technology platform closely monitors the world’ s harvests to prevent loss and keep what comes to your table free from pests, mold, and excessive chemical use. Using real-time data from sensors and software working across the food value chain, our client gives the food industry an unprecedented capacity to track, monitor, and instantly adjust the conditions in which the world’ s food is stored, transported and delivered to shelves, preventing spoilage and reducing unnecessary chemical use. It’ s their commitment to the health of our ecosystem and your family.
Their product package includes a suite of crop-specific sensors for grains, cereals, tobacco/hemp, fruits, nuts and coffee, and proprietary analytics software that enables the monitoring of harvested crop health including predicting and preventing infestation and spoilage.
- Lead sales efforts and promoting a customer-centered culture that strives to exceed customer needs, requirements and expectations.
- Develop a global Account Acquisition Strategy and determine processes to achieve goals and objectives i.e. identify top line sales and bottom line margin growth strategies and strategies to overcome competitive threats.
- Apply consultative and strategic selling skills, as well as technical expertise, to develop and manage the assigned customer base.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships to ensure customer value is sustained.
- Make strategic decisions, considering immediate and long-term implications, benefits, costs, and risks associated with alternatives.
- Create, implement and monitor the success of a business plan.
- Participate in key tradeshows planned by corporate/brand marketing and support customer marketing activities where appropriate.
- Provide leadership within cross functional teams to drive account results including: understanding, managing, and helping to resolve customer service issues regarding execution of shipping, pricing, and service levels.
- Coordinating, communicating, and collaboratively working with account specific and corporate brand marketers to drive execution of mutual strategies.
- Partnering with forecasting group to forecast and adjust needs accordingly.
- Collaborating with program management group around customer specific activities including customer accruals, pricing, vendor routing guides, and/or other special requests
- Providing internal leadership to finance group around P&L’ s
- Work with local sales associates to manage secondary OE account penetration and business growth.
- Conduct formal business reviews and update executives at HQ to review business objectives, progress against objectives and recommend actions to exceed goals.
- Provide weekly customer update/status reports.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Adept with Internet-of-things (IOT) technology and artificial intelligence
- 5 to 15 years proven track record in strategic Ag-Tech or food supply chain industry sales for Large Enterprise Accounts
- Experience in Enterprise software sales
- Experience with an international team and a global sales environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Salesforce and other sales CMS
- Confident and resourceful, self-starter needing minimal supervision
- Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communications skills with a comfort level for executive communications
- Ability to manage multiple, complex sales engagements
- Strong strategic thinking and planning capabilities
- Must possess a valid Passport
- Strong sales/technical acumen with agriculture technology or food supply chain experience
- Strong understanding of post-harvest food supply chain and involved companies
- Aggressive self-starter personality with ability to build executive relationships, articulate with Ag-tech product and business strategies, and create the demand to close deals
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.