Post Date: 03/30/2018
Job ID: 1805
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Temp to Perm Staff Accountant
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for an Temp to Perm Staff Accountant to work for one of our clients. In the position, you will quickly become an integral member of this quickly growing team/company. The Temp to Perm Staff Accountant will be responsible for journal entries, reconciliations and data management and manipulation as well as assisting with financial statement preparation and due diligence for acquisitions. The ideal candidate will have worked in a small company environment in the accounting field and possess a go-getter mentality to tackle new tasks with little direction.
- Maintain general ledger system by inputting data; prepares weekly and monthly journal entries with documentation as well as verifying all data.
- Reconciles and analyzes all accounts.
- Assists in the preparation of timely internal and external financial statements.
- Develops spreadsheets to provide management analytics.
- Prepare payments and accrue expenses; assign account numbers, request disbursements.
- Develops and implements new accounting procedures through analysis of current procedures and recommending changes.
- Management of large amounts of data in excel.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions including reviewing financial information; converting data; obtaining supplementary information.
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting as required.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance required.
- A minimum of 3 year of accounting experience.
- Experience with month-end close.
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP.
- Great Plains experience a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Resourcefulness with a “ can-do” results-oriented attitude to challenges and problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience working in a small or start-up company where you had to wear many hats and learn quickly is a plus.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.