4646 Perrin Creek #280
Post Date: 02/20/2018
Job ID: 1747
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Temp to Perm Controller
Location: San Antonio, TX
We are currently searching for a Temp to Perm Controller to work for a quickly growing client. The Temp to Perm Controller will be responsible for overseeing month and year-end close as well as various projects. A successful Temp to Perm Controller will swiftly establish themselves as an integral team member through building relationships and making impactful decisions to lead an adaptive accounting department. The candidate should have a proven track record with understanding processes and implementing new procedures. The Temp to Perm Controller will be responsible for managing a team in a fast-paced stressful environment during a time of change.
- Oversee and assist with performing the month-end and year-end close process as well as the audit.
- Ensure GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Proven experience working with all levels from accounting staff to the executive team.
- Execution of the daily operations related to accounting and establishing and maintaining the organization’ s accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives including accounts receivable and collections.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and research any discrepancies.
- Review bank accounts, record cash transactions and prepare bank reconciliations while maintaining bank relationships.
- Effectively coordinates and communicates with all departments to gather as well as provide the appropriate information needed to meet company goals.
- Willingness to jump in whatever capacity is needed to get the company to the next level.
- Documentation of all processes as well as improvements where needed.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting with five plus years of experience.
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Ability to work in the day-to-day financial details, as well as analyze the business from a high-level.
- Resourcefulness with a “ can-do” results-oriented attitude to challenges and problem solving.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with public accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Experience working with a CRM and ERP system.
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work and interact effectively in a team environment.
- Maintaining a positive attitude while working in a dynamic environment.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.