Post Date: 06/08/2018
Job ID: 1926
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Temp to Perm Bookkeeper (Partially Remote)
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for a Temp to Perm Bookkeeper for one of our clients. The Temp to Perm Bookkeeper will perform the day to day transactional work for multiple clients including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. The ideal candidate will have worked in a small company environment in the accounting field and possess a go-getter mentality to tackle new tasks with little direction. The best candidate will be an independent worker that is comfortable interfacing with the clients with the ability to work remote.
- Performing all accounts payable activities, including invoice submission tracking, general ledger and project coding, obtaining invoice approvals, payment processing for multiple entities/ departments, and filing and data storage.
- Research, analyze, coordinate, and respond to incoming inquiries regarding status of accounts.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of full cycle accounts receivable including responsible for investigating delinquent accounts, contacting customers via verbal and written communications and preparing standardized reports on the status of collection efforts and delinquent accounts.
- Support monthly close and reconciliation processes as needed.
- Responsible for processing payroll and 1099’ s as well as other areas of payroll.
- Process and reconcile credit card payments, PayPal and petty cash.
- Maintain accounting filing system and controls over accounting transactions.
- Special projects as required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a bookkeeper.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to key data accurately and quickly.
- QuickBooks online and desktop expert required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Solid problem-solving skills, analytical abilities, and attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service skills and attitude as well as comfortable working in an independent or collaborative team environment.
- Initiative and passion to perform with high standards for performance, accuracy, and integrity.
- Proactive in nature.
- Comfortable working with large amounts of data and/or transactions.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and requirements.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.