210 East 8th Street
Type of Position: Human Resources
Job Number: 2301
The Role: Talent Manager
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
HireBetter has been retained to identify a Talent Manager for a mission driven, land management organization in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Our client is one of the fastest growing leaders in land management within the energy industry, possessing superior technology and uncompromising ethics. The Talent Manager will be a self-sufficient, natural problem solver and leader who is comfortable improving and rolling out processes company wide.
Drive Effective Talent Sourcing:
- Partner with Operations leadership and Training to align frequently on talent sourcing needs by role, location and time frame (critical staffing dates based on training, etc.)
- Leverage internal team and appropriate external partners to fill the talent pipeline with qualified internal and external candidates in advance of critical staffing dates
- Frame and execute likely back-fill needs based on internal candidates with approval from the Vice President Operations
- Develop reporting systems on talent pipeline status, activity and conversion rates and other key talent acquisition metrics
- Adjust to learning from the metrics and real time feedback from Operations leadership and training:
- Partner with Operations leadership, Finance and HR to incrementally and structurally adjust offer packages where necessary to close appropriate talent
- Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent
- Train and coach hiring managers on the process, tools, templates and practices including a structured interviewing approach, written evaluation and on boarding practice.
Codify, Maintain & Improve the Talent Acquisition Process:
- Partner with Land Operations managers to assess the longitudinal effectiveness of talent sourcing and by comparing longer term reviews and leader feedback to the initial sourcing and selection metrics.
- Develop talent acquisition process and tool improvement initiatives in partnership with Operations leadership, Training and HR as part of the Annual Planning process.
Lead the Team and External Partners:
- Ensure on-boarding process is thorough, repeatable and relevant to the projects hired for and assigned.
- Ensure new-hire training initiatives are thorough and introduced to new talent at earliest stage possible. Coach local management to ensure that training initiatives promised at date of hire are fulfilled.
- Engage in structural meetings with Operations leadership to monitor and adjust talent acquisition activity and approaches.
- Engage in structural meetings with Finance Reporting to monitor costs and compare against scheduled targets.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong process management experience
- Strong horizontal technology skills (MS Office, basic cloud services)
- Able to embody a culture and communicate persuasively to prospective talent
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’ s degree
- 7-10+ years of talent management and high-volume recruiting experience
- Some experience at a larger organization with more mature processes and systems (knows where to go)
- Some experience at a smaller organization with moderate resources (knows how to build)
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.