2600 Via Fortuna Bldg 1, Suite 260
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 07/06/2018
Job ID: 1995
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Staff Accountant – Property
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’ s client is an investment fund manager providing real estate solutions to middle-market companies nationwide.
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant – Property has the primary responsibility for administering the financials for the property level entities. There are numerous properties (up to 35) in each of the funds managed. This position must coordinate with the Director of Asset Management, Lease Administrator, Partners, and all other Accounting functions to effectively perform the required responsibilities.
- Preparation of all monthly charges for rent and escrow invoices and book all receipts from tenants
- Coordinate payment of all Accounts Payables for Mortgage/Escrows (Due 31st, 1st, 10th and 15th) and other vendor expenses bi-weekly
- Prepare monthly cash distributions for all properties payable to the fund
- Prepare month-end net income distribution
- Maintain LLC’ s books for cash distribution and net income distribution
- Maintain and send updated rent receipts schedule in excel to fund-level accountant, asset
- manager, lease administrator, controller and President
- Maintain updated schedule for all mortgage payments
- Maintain updated mortgage/escrow/property tax schedules in excel (migrating to Yardi)
- Maintain updated master actual/budget in excel
- Print Month-end financial statements for all properties
- Process Year-end closing involving final income statements, balance sheets, general ledger details,
- journal entries, accruals and accompanying schedules
- Book entries prepared by fund level accountant relating to new acquisitions, refinances and sale of properties
- Book all estimates provided by fund level accountant for depreciation and amortization relating to
- new acquisitions, refinances and sale of assets
- Coordinate with Asset Managers for payments of Property Insurance, Real Estate Taxes and Operating Expense
- Responsible for maintaining the files for Bank deposits, A/P Invoices, A/R Payments, Property correspondence and Property documents (lease, etc.)
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting
- Oral and written communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Extremely good with details and highly organized
- Excel proficiency required
- Experience with Yardi is a significant plus.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.