2600 Via Fortuna Bldg 1, Suite 260
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 07/06/2018
Job ID: 1960
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Staff Accountant – Investor Capital
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’ s client is an investment fund manager providing real estate solutions to middle-market companies nationwide.
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant – Investor Capital has the primary responsibility for the accounting related to investor’ s capital investments in the funds that AIC operates. This includes journal entries for capital contributions, quarterly distributions and distributions of proceeds of individual properties or the entire portfolio.
Position requires exceptional communication skills including ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management; and ability to understand and enter inter-company transactions on a multi-ledger accounting system. Attention to detail is a must for this position to continue the reputation the firm has for providing investors timely and accurate information / distributions.
- Preparing month-end and quarter end financial packages for ownership entities including cash and accrual analysis on each investment
- Performing complex multiple entity allocation journal entries, G/L analysis, bank reconciliations and preparation for audits
- Performance reporting
- Utilizing the system, Yardi, to track investor’ s capital and calculate distributions / performance metrics
- Primary contact for Investor Relations team for the generation of quarterly investor statements
- Responsible for maintaining communications between Accounting and Investor Relations
- Responsible for reconciliation of any inter-company transactions at the investor level between REITs, Fund Level, and Mgmt Company Level
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring REIT’ s test schedules
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting
- Oral and written communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Extremely good with details and highly organized
- Excel proficiency required
- Experience with Yardi is a significant plus.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.