10801 North Mopac Expressway Bldg 1 #200
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 08/01/2018
Job ID: 2034
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Senior Staff Accountant
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for a Senior Staff Accountant for an Austin software engineering company committed to creating market-leading products and services. The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of revenue from reviewing contracts to invoicing customers. The ideal candidate will have worked in a small company environment in the accounting field and possess a go-getter mentality to tackle new tasks with little direction. The Senior Staff Accountant must be very detail-oriented and confident in their abilities.
- Assist with month-end close and year-end reporting as well as the annual audit.
- Responsible for account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Setup new projects and budgets in the accounting system from source data in Salesforce.
- Update projects weekly for any changes related to revenue recognition including labor.
- Set up and process sales orders for purchases as items are shipped.
- Analyze, reconcile, troubleshoot and resolve exceptions and other discrepancies from multiple sources before transactions are posted to the general ledger.
- Produce customer invoices and credit memos.
- Communicate with a company team members and customers related to accounting matters.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and how to apply the standards.
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting as required.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in accounting.
- A minimum of 2 years of hands on accounting experience.
- Experience with accounts receivable and revenue recognition.
- Previous experience working in a small company where you had to wear many hats and learn quickly.
- Experience in project accounting or job costing a plus.
- Ability to analyze financials and create management reports.
- Intermediate Excel knowledge.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication, and effective interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record of handling multiple accounting responsibilities that are performed under tight deadlines.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.