11801 Domain Blvd, 3rd Floor
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2291
The Role: Senior Revenue Accountant
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter has been retained by a rapidly growing SaaS company to lead their search for a Senior Revenue Accountant.
Reporting to the Controller, the successful candidate will support all aspects of the revenue cycle within the organization. This position has specific responsibilities in revenue related processes within the organization, including day to day revenue recognition and accounting functions, performing monthly close processes, fulfilling interdepartmental reporting requests, maintaining an effective control environment as well as coordinating with external auditors.
- Review customer contracts, addendums and modifications to determine proper accounting
- Maintain the organization’ s accounting policies/procedures in connection with software revenue recognition, including the adoption of ASC 606 and support the audit of related internal controls
- Monitor industry/regulatory changes with respect to revenue recognition, and develop new processes and policies to ensure effective compliance
- Perform research on accounting issues, collaborate with the sales team and present and implement recommendations that will facilitate operational efficiency and effective compliance
- Lead the implementation of the revenue accounting software, including the development of internal/external reporting requirements
- Collaborate with legal, sales, operations and finance to evaluate new licensing or subscription models; evaluate impacts to revenue recognition and communicate key risks to management
- Prepare monthly and quarterly deferred revenue reconciliation and prepare journal entries to support monthly close activities
- Support certain other accounting areas that are directly impacted by revenue, such as accounts receivable, sales, commissions and royalties
- Assist professional services program managers with project management and milestone billing including the review of project reports for proper billing and revenue recognition
- Support external auditors and respond to requests for reporting and analysis, ensuring that the information is accurate and provided in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the financial planning and analysis team to produce revenue forecasts
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned to support the business
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting requests from Controller and/or CFO
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- Minimum of five years of accounting and financial reporting experience including experience in a software company that has both a complex and recurring revenue streams
- NetSuite and Salesforce experience
- CPA with public accounting experience is preferred
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting skills and thorough understanding of GAAP in the area of revenue recognition in a software and/or services environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage toward efficiencies in reducing the number of days in the monthly close process
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. - pivot tables, VLOOKUPS) and proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and proven track record of success in an entrepreneurial environment; demonstrated ability to multitask, work independently, and meet deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy
- Self-starter, independent thinker; proactive approach to identifying issues and driving them to resolution
- Reputation of teamwork and collaboration
Interested candidates should apply directly through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com.
Qualified applicants will be contacted as quickly as possible.