9737 Great Hills Trail Suite 340
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2200
The Role: Senior Staff Accountant
Location: Austin, TX (North)
Reporting to the CFO, the role of Senior Staff Accountant is a newly formed position and the successful candidate will possess the skills and experience necessary to support the CFO in directing the day-to-day accounting functions. The successful candidate will have a passion for working in a start-up business environment and a commitment to working in a hands-on and collaborative manner to assist the organization in meeting future business goals and objectives.
- Assist with preparing, reviewing and submitting month end/year end work papers and monthly package.
- Assist with supporting schedules and reports to meet month end/year end close deadlines.
- Review monthly invoices
- Budgeting/forecasting and various FP&A functions.
- Monitor bank accounts for ACH/Direct Deposit returns.
- Reconcile cash transactions daily and monthly, and assist with monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review vendor setups.
- Obtain and organize information for internal and external audits.
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting as required
- A Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance required.
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting experience.
- Experience with month-end close.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Quickbooks online and Salesforce would be a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness with a “ can-do” results-oriented attitude to challenges and problem-solving.
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment where multi-tasking is a must.