WeWork Domain, 11801 Domain Blvd 3rd Floor
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 07/12/2018
Job ID: 1978
The Role: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
HireBetter is recruiting on behalf of a private equity-backed SaaS company in the healthcare industry that provides software solutions to acute and post-acute care hospitals and long-term care facilities.
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing, acting as the translator between product and sales. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with product development. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’ s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’ s overall strategy and goals.
- Provide market intelligence expertise to identify buyers, how they buy and their key buying criteria as well as an understanding of the competitive landscape to identify competition and their positioning
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas
- Understand and document our buyers’ process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make, then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn
- Develop a marketing plan for products in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
- At least 3 years of product marketing experience with minimum 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- 3 years’ experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree in business/marketing or healthcare (with marketing certifications); MBA preferred
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified (PMC) preferred
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture and Google Analytics
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is (or isn’ t) working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups and a solid writer
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.