8100 Washington Avenue, Ste 200
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2451
The Role: We are currently searching for an experienced Payroll Assistant for a temp-to-hire opportunity with a growing Downtown Houston energy company. In this position, a successful candidate will have strong judgment skills and the ability to learn quickly. The Payroll Assistant will be responsible for all aspects of the payroll function. The ideal candidate will have worked in a medium to large size company environment and possess a go-getter mentality to tackle new challenges.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing semi-monthly cycles.
- Calculate and enter wage information, garnishments, and other required data for payroll purposes
- Act as liaison with outside agencies regarding garnishments and maintain all information pertaining to such garnishments.
- Research and explain payroll policies and procedures.
- Provide input and assistance for payroll projects at the request of management, agencies or auditors.
- Perform administrative functions including maintaining payroll files and forms.
- Conduct regular reviews on all processes to ensure accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 or more years of experience in an exclusive payroll function within an organization of 500 employees or more.
- Previous union payroll processing a plus.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using in-house payroll software.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills; ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and data accuracy when handling employee information
- Knowledge of current payroll laws and regulations.
- Experience working in a critical deadline’ s environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.