9301 Amberglen Blvd # 100
Post Date: 03/29/2018
Job ID: 1813
Industry: Accounting, Finance
We are currently searching for an Interim SEC Reporting Manager for a growing research firm in North Austin. A successful Interim SEC Reporting Manager will have the ability and knowledge to quickly design and implement an external reporting process and then gather information to build required reports.
- Prepare all publicly released documents including all 10-Q’ s, 10-K’ s and other SEC filings required.
- Research SEC reporting requirements and manage SEC requests.
- Manage internal management, executive, and external financial reporting, maintaining responsibility for all reporting of the financial statements and relevant disclosures as well as external accounting and disclosure requirements.
- Provide education and training to senior management on important accounting issues.
- Provide status reports and analysis to senior staff.
- Comfortable with technical and complex accounting matters with the ability to research and generate technical memos.
- Ensure the integrity, performance, and maintenance of the financial data and reporting environment.
- Develop, administer, and modify the financial data and reporting governance process. Ensure that financial data and reporting follows governing guiding principles to ensure data integrity and efficiency.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Ensure GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions, including working with service providers and other departments.
- Work closely with operations to resolve any accounting issues that may arise.
- Continuously seek ways to improve the reporting process.
- Develop and execute the financial data model and reporting strategy.
- Prepare internal analysis of business results.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance.
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- 4+ years of experience in SEC reporting either in public accounting or a public company.
- Extensive understanding of GAAP, and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Ability to work in the day-to-day financial details, as well as analyze the business from a high-level.
- Experience in a public company required.
- Current knowledge of SEC reporting requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence change and the ability to tailor communications to specific audiences.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, and above average Excel skills.
- Demonstrated project management, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-aware and willing to adapt to a changing work environment.