901 S MoPac Expy #150
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2133
The Role: Staff Accountant
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for a Staff Accountant for a growing Southwest Austin logistics firm for an immediate need. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for several key company focuses that include a range of operational and transactional duties. The ideal candidate will have worked in a small company environment in the accounting field and possess a go-getter mentality to tackle new tasks with little direction. The Staff Accountant must be very detail-oriented and confident in their abilities.
- Assist with month-end close and year-end reporting as well as the annual audit.
- Responsible for account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Set-up new vendors in the accounting system.
- Assist with Accounts Payable and payroll processing
- Analyze, reconcile, troubleshoot and resolve exceptions and other discrepancies from multiple sources before transactions are posted to the general ledger.
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting as required.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in accounting.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on accounting experience.
- Experience with accounts payable and payroll processing.
- Previous experience working in a small company where you had to wear many hats and learn quickly.
- Ability to analyze financials and create management reports.
- Intermediate Excel knowledge.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication, and effective interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record of handling multiple accounting responsibilities that are performed under tight deadlines.