7800 Shoal Creek Blvd. Suite 230 S
Post Date: 01/12/2018
Job ID: 1644
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Interim SEC Reporting Manager
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for an Interim SEC Reporting Manager for a rapidly growing software company in Austin. The Interim SEC Reporting Manager will be a vital and collaborative team member that will quickly assist this private company in becoming public through a merger. A successful Interim SEC Reporting Manager will have the ability and knowledge to quickly design and implement an external reporting process and then gather information to build required reports.
- Prepare all publicly released documents including all 10-Q’ s, 10-K’ s and other SEC filings required.
- Research SEC reporting requirements and manage SEC requests.
- Manage internal management, executive, and external financial reporting, maintaining responsibility for all reporting of the financial statements and relevant disclosures as well as external accounting and disclosure requirements.
- Provide education and training to senior management on important accounting issues.
- Provide status reports and analysis to senior staff.
- Comfortable with technical and complex accounting matters with the ability to research and generate technical memos.
- Ensure the integrity, performance, and maintenance of the financial data and reporting environment.
- Develop, administer, and modify the financial data and reporting governance process. Ensure that financial data and reporting follows governing guiding principles to ensure data integrity and efficiency.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Ensure GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions, including working with service providers and other departments.
- Work closely with operations to resolve any accounting issues that may arise.
- Continuously seek ways to improve the reporting process.
- Develop and execute the financial data model and reporting strategy.
- Prepare internal analysis of business results.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance.
- 3+ years of experience in SEC reporting either in public accounting or a public company.
- Extensive understanding of GAAP, and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Ability to work in the day-to-day financial details, as well as analyze the business from a high-level.
- Experience in a public company required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Current knowledge of SEC reporting requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence change and the ability to tailor communications to specific audiences.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, and above average Excel skills.
- Demonstrated project management, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-aware and willing to adapt to a changing work environment.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.