7800 Shoal Creek Blvd. Suite 230 S
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2311
We are currently searching for an Interim Revenue Manager for a quickly growing software company in Austin. The Interim Revenue Manager will be an integral part of the accounting team with the responsibility of managing the revenue for financial reporting, reconciliation and audit support, during a time of transition. A successful Interim Revenue Manager will have the ability and knowledge to review, design and implement proper revenue recognition processes and procedures as well as lead the ASC 606 preparation.
- Maintain the Company’ s global revenue recognition policies.
- Ensure GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance for revenue accounting and related financial reporting functions, including working with service providers and other departments.
- Work closely with operations to resolve any revenue issues that may arise.
- Continuously review, improve and implement processes and procedures around the revenue function.
- Prepare monthly, yearly and audit reports required.
- Manage timely close activities surrounding revenue with specific attention on deferred revenue as well as revenue on complex transactions.
- Manage the contract review process ensuring proper set-up in system based on revenue recognition standards.
- Ability to research accounting literature for compliance with revenue recognition accounting standards and preparing memos with conclusions.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Work closely with sales management, legal and sales operations to ensure proper compliance with revenue recognition rules and guidelines as well as determining impact of sales activities on revenue recognition.
- Monitor completeness and accuracy of sales data throughout various systems and databases.
- Assist accounting department with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance.
- 3+ years of experience in a software company.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue recognition principles and application specifically related to ASC 606.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Extensive understanding of GAAP, and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Ability to work in the day-to-day financial details, as well as analyze the business from a high-level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence change and the ability to tailor communications to specific audiences.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with above average Excel skills.
- Demonstrated project management, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to change direction quickly.
- NetSuite and/or Salesforce experience a plus.