2900 Esperanza Crossing 3rd floor
Post Date: 07/19/2018
Job ID: 2022
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Interim Experienced Senior Accountant
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for an Interim Experienced Senior Accountant to work at one of our publicly traded clients. The Interim Experienced Senior Accountant will perform general accounting duties as well as monthly, quarterly and annual close for a business unit. The ideal candidate will have large company experience, technical accounting knowledge and possess the ability to work independently.
- Prepare complex monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, as well as various other accounting statements and reports to support an accurate and timely monthly financial close
- Professional knowledge of accounting theories, practices, methods and techniques.
- Assist with the quarterly and annual audit by providing audit support documents.
- Ensure GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions
- Responsible for special projects including assessment and analysis of balance sheet estimates
- Comfortable with technical and complex accounting matters with the ability to research and generate technical memos.
- SOX documentation and accounting estimate analysis as needed.
- Assist the accounting team with ad hoc projects as needed.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting experience, with public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA with experience in a large company strongly preferred.
- Solid communication skills, detail-oriented and team player.
- Resourcefulness with a “ can-do” results-oriented attitude to challenges and problem solving
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- Self-motivated, patient and versatile.
- Experience with performing reconciliations, month-end close processes a must.
- Experience with a large ERP system preferably Oracle.
- Experience with revenue recognition and complex accounting issues.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.