7800 Shoal Creek Blvd. Suite 230 S
Post Date: 01/14/2018
Job ID: 1645
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Interim Assistant Controller
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for an Interim Assistant Controller for a software company in Austin. The Interim Assistant Controller will be an integral part of the accounting team with the responsibility for overseeing the accounting function, including month-end and year-end close as well as the external audit, during a time of transition. A successful Interim Assistant Controller will have the ability to jump in quickly and be comfortable recording daily transactions as well as strategically working with management.
- Oversee and assist with performing the month-end and year-end close process, preparing financial statements, and completing variance analysis for the company.
- Ensure GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions, including working with service providers and other departments.
- Proven experience working with all levels from accounting staff to the executive team.
- Prepare monthly, yearly and audit reports required.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Create and prepare operational reports based on management’ s needs.
- Develop, document and implement policies and procedures.
- A proven consultant that can quickly assess the situation and plan a strategy to achieve results under a tight deadline.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance.
- 7+ years of experience with at least 2+years as a consultant.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)preferred.
- Extensive understanding of GAAP, and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Ability to work in the day-to-day financial details, as well as analyze the business from a high-level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence change and the ability to tailor communications to specific audiences.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with above average Excel skills.
- Demonstrated project management, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- NetSuite and/or Salesforce experience a plus.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.