5901 North Honore Avenue Suite 130
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 08/06/2018
Job ID: 2074
Industry: HR, Education, Training
The Role: IT Recruiter/Generalist
Location: Sarasota, FL
We are currently searching for an IT Recruiter/Generalist for an immediate opportunity with one of our growing Sarasota clients. The IT Recruiter/Generalist is directly responsible for providing internal recruiting support and assistance with day-to-day HR-related operations functions for a growing, tech-centric environment. A successful candidate will take ownership of responsibilities with little direction and guidance. The IT Recruiter/Generalist will help lead talent acquisition initiatives and will help implement HR practices and objectives in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and may deliver employment offers.
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of passive candidates for future opportunities.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, non-compete agreements).
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all team members; assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- May handle employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Serve as the contact person for benefit vendors/administrators to ensure best rates, new employee processing, removal of employees from policies upon notification of departure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Previous experience working with HRIS or ATS systems.
- ADP payroll/applicant tracking software exposure a plus.
- Strong self-starter with attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and HR practices and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively work and interact with diverse groups of people.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and people skills with the ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM certified or candidate for certification is a plus.