4560 Kendrick Plaza Dr
Type of Position: Operations
Job Number: 2287
The Role: Corporate HSE Specialist
Location: Houston, TX
HireBetter’ s client currently offers a full suite of production treating chemicals and field services, drilling/completion and stimulation products and services, water transfer services and water treatment technologies. They are growing exponentially and this is the perfect time to join the corporate team.
The Corporate HSE Specialist will primarily be responsible for assisting the corporate compliance director in all aspects of health, safety, and environmental administration and compliance.
- Document processes and build a database to manage employee training program
- Develop and maintain safety training program from employee orientation forward (organize and assign training, schedule training topics, record keeping)
- Lead HSE incident investigations and reports, as needed; may accompany an injured employee for treatment and medical evaluation
- Promotion and support of an HSE culture from within by leading the implementation of core HSE programs, policies and initiatives
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
- Assist with case management and/or following up on occupational injuries/illnesses
- Implement changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
- Maintain Compliance with Contractor Safety Databases (PEC, ISN, Avetta, etc.)
- Organize and maintain data and documents related to HSE incidents
- Year End Reporting (Tier II, Annual waste summaries, OSHA logs)
- New employee orientation to delivering live web-based training to district offices
- Daily processing, handling, and data entry of documents, files, forms, and requests
- Maintains and utilizes best industry practices
- This position requires local and regional travel, up to 25%
- Associate degree combined with applicable work experience required; bachelor’ s degree in safety preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) and PC Skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Need little direction to complete tasks; can dictate degree of direction needed to complete tasks
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.