2431 Forbes Dr
Post Date: 01/25/2018
Job ID: 1675
Industry: Arts, Design, Media
Title: Graphic Designer
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter is working with one of Austin’ s original print plants. Our client has a rich history steeped in creating graphics for some of Austin’ s most high-profile companies, non-profits, restaurants and music venues. As a top-ranking printer with the design and technical abilities to rival some of the best advertising agencies, our client is able to deliver consistent, strategic results producing eye-catching graphics. We are seeking talented Graphic Designers in the Austin market.
This is a key position in a fine-tuned, well-balanced Art Department. As a Graphic Designer, you will be expected to learn the print business and all of it’ s intricacies as you are developing relationships with some of the companies’ top clients. You will be responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact while meeting the needs and expectations of the client. The Graphic Designer will be involved in managing many projects, prioritizing and working cross-functionally within departments. It is imperative that the Graphic Designer has the ability to take direction as well as feedback in a constructive way. This position requires sophisticated communication skills and the ability to interface with clients, making design suggestions and receiving input with an open mind. This is a fast-paced industry where a quick turn-around is essential to the success of the business.
- Create compelling and visually stimulating designs that effectively communicate complex ideas.
- Possess an appreciation for clean and impactful aesthetic. Specifically, typography, color pairing, hierarchy, layout, etc.
- Understand presentation design nuances and principles.
- Ability to juggle many projects simultaneously.
- Meticulous approach with a polished delivery
- Must be able to present an updated portfolio demonstrating strong design skills
- Must be proficient in a range of software: Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’ s degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design or Visual Studies
- Minimum 1 year experience in a graphic design position