301 Congress Avenue Suite 320
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 01/23/2018
Job ID: 1664
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Financial Analyst
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’ s client is an investment fund manager providing real estate solutions to middle-market companies nationwide.
The financial analyst will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and will support both the Finance and Investor Relations teams. This individual will provide analysis and modeling as it relates to corporate budgeting and forecasts as well as fund structure and performance. This is an opportunity for a driven, self-motivated financial professional interested in becoming a key resource to the company and its investors. The position is an opportunity for individuals looking to apply their finance, communications, and analytic skills in a dynamic environment.
- Will play a major role in producing annual budget / quarterly reforecasts and long-range forecast.
- Collects and analyzes financial information for assigned accounts, products or product lines, or business units in order to track the organization' s progress against its financial goals.
- Reports current or expected financial performance and creates financial models to guide decision making.
- Analyzes cash flow, expenditures, revenue, depreciation, and investments to make recommendations for action and/or modifications regarding financial procedures, plans, and controls.
- Responsible for fund analytics, tracking expenses on fund and therefore yield, analyze impact on yield based on amount of leverage
- Efficiently prepare statistical and financial information for inclusion in monthly investor and advisor reports
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum 5 years of previous analysis experience
- Experience working in private equity, fund management or REIT
- Bachelor’ s degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA or CPA is not required but a plus
- Proficient Excel skills, able to work with macros, v-lookups and “ if statements”
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Previous experience working in PE/REIT/fund management
- Yardi Voyager (or similar system) experience is desired but not required
- Performs work under minimal supervision; handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff
- Oral and written communication skills
- Statistical knowledge
- Detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.