401 Center Ridge Dr
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2261
Finance Manager – Interim Austin, TX
The Role: HireBetter is partnering with a growing North Austin distributor in the search for an Interim Finance Manager for an immediate need. The project timeline will be 3 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanent conversion for the right individual.
Duties will include:
- Drive all operational and financial planning efforts to reach and exceed division targets (clients, revenue, profit)
- Analyze financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating financial models for decision support.
- Consolidate financial data from multiple data sources.
- Create internal dashboards for executive team.
- Assist with creation of monthly board deck utilizing MS PowerPoint.
- Improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Assist with annual and quarterly forecasting.
- Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses.
- Increases productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Finance or Accounting, with preference for a MBA
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, with a minimum of 5 years in financial planning & analysis
- Must have strong analytical (quantitative as well as qualitative) skills including building models, prior data mining and market research.
- Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow.
- Strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; familiarity with data query/data management tools.
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills and be comfortable interacting with executive-level management.
- Financial modeling experience.