901 S. Mopac Building IV Suite 180
Type of Position: Human Resources
Job Number: 2249
The Role: Engagement Director
The Location: Houston, Texas
Austin' s top retained executive search firm is now in Houston! HireBetter is a national recruiting firm that works directly with leaders of high-growth companies to build their dream teams. As the #1 retained executive search firm in Austin (Austin Business Journal, 2018) we’ re revolutionizing the recruiting industry by changing the way CEOs and executives of dynamic companies go about identifying, vetting, and recruiting A-Players.
We are currently seeking an experienced Engagement Director for our Houston, TX market to be the primary executive contact managing the client relationship, ensuring service-related needs are met, and providing overall strategic oversight and alignment with long-term client growth objectives. Your main responsibilities and duties include providing executive oversight of existing accounts and searches, expanding existing accounts, developing new business and securing referral business.
The Engagement Director is ultimately responsible for:
- Managing the client relationship throughout the breadth of the client organization, interfacing across C-level management and individual hiring managers.
- Securing repeat business from existing accounts and through referral networks, anticipating the upcoming hiring needs of existing clients, and successfully building a continual client relationship.
- Interfacing with the Business Development team, serving as the subject matter expert to help close new business prospects through effective communication of HireBetter’ s differentiators.
- Increasing the customer base through participation in conferences, seminars, and networking events to promote brand awareness in the marketplace.
The Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in business, communications or a similar field.
- 5+ years in full life-cycle recruiting (retained search experience preferred), organizational design, human resources consulting, or a related field to include experience in client service project management, consulting, account management, pipeline development, sales and/or business development.
- A proven track record of successfully managing strategic client relationships from the C-suite to the manager level.
- An enthusiastic, professional attitude with excellent relationship building skills as well as a high level of organization and ability to multi-task in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- A self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively.
HireBetter offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, and a 401K plan.
Interested candidates should submit their resume through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.