The Role: Director of Sales
Location: Austin, TX
Our client is a dynamic and rapidly growing consumer packaged goods company based in Austin, Texas.
We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated and driven leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to serve as Director of Sales. Partnering with the Founder, the Director of Sales will determine the strategic sales direction of the company and will be responsible for driving significant growth in revenue through both the national grocery and convenience store channels. Ultimately, the Director of Sales will be responsible for determining and implementing a hiring plan and integrating new members into the team, stepping out to delegate as the organization grows.
• Driving the company’ s outsourced sales management group in their efforts to grow existing, and open new, sales channels in support of continuous revenue growth
• Devise and implement promotional programs with distributors and retailers
• Manage and grow the company’ s existing retail network, with a focus on building and managing relationships that will facilitate profitable growth in the convenient store channel
• Create and deliver effective sales presentations that acquire new retail accounts
• Embrace the team-focused culture, support the company mission, and implement changes necessary to improve the sales process
• Develop and grow an in-depth knowledge of the market that drives brand awareness and serve as the company’ s subject matter expert regarding all sales matters with both the Founder and investors
• 5+ years of sales experience with a demonstrated track record of success in the consumer packaged goods industry and with distributors and customers in the convenience store channel
• Undergraduate degree is preferred
• Self-motivated and willing and able to spend time in the field building relationships and brand awareness
• Creative, persistent and driven with a high degree of integrity and ethics
• Entrepreneurial, hands-on leader with an ownership mentality and the ability to manage relationships with minimal resources and systems in place
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an understanding of the entrepreneurial mindset
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.