6301 East Stassney Lane Building 9-100
Type of Position: Operations
Job Number: 2269
The Role: Director of Operations
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’ s client designs and installs workspaces with a focus on adding value to its clients’ bottom lines. This growing company has invested in the very best people, the latest technology and facility expansion to foster a well-supported, happy list of clients. Its clients represent a cross-section of businesses including Fortune 500 companies, financial and educational institutions along with federal, state and local government agencies.
The Director of Operations will be a strategic leader with a tactical mindset, able to elevate warehouse environments to best in class. This person will be expected to drive improvements across the operations segment and be a change agent within the department. The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven ability to create and maintain process, rules and consistency in everyday process flow. This person will implement a standardized process for communication of deadlines and details that guide the back of house and are respected by front of house.
- Direct the activities and oversee the day-to-day operations of the warehouse
- Limit warehouse, installation and client delivery risks throughout the operation by insuring that all department processes and procedures are implemented, followed, refined as necessary, and enforced
- Develop warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing and iterating on process workflow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing change as necessary
- Suggest efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures, and assist with implementation of changes within inbound and outbound warehouse operations
- Establish and report on warehouse metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Manage hiring, training and supervision of warehouse operations staff
- Establish goals, operational procedures, objectives and position responsibilities for direct reports
- Establish, meet, track and report on operational budgets and goals
- Manage work schedules according to fluctuating customer demand
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment for employees
- Extensive warehouse/distribution center operations experience with a track record of process improvement including a minimum 5 to 7 years of complete responsibility for warehouse operations
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred but not required
- Self-directed individual who can work in an environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal and external customers
- Experience working effectively in complex organizations, satisfying the needs of diverse constituents and often working under the pressure of competing and conflicting priorities
- Able to manage, lead and develop operational staff
- Proactive and decisive leader with excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with LEAN practices
- Solid financial and analytical skills including sound business judgement
- Passionate advocate for continuous improvement and customer service
- Highly developed and disciplined in organization skills, work ethic, accountability and follow through
- Superior organizational skills
- Expert user of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.