1101 S Capital of Texas Hwy #100
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2264
The Role: Director of Finance
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’ s client is a rapidly growing national provider of technology services and support.
The director of finance will be a critical support for an entrepreneurial leadership team. This job will require the qualified candidate to demonstrate leadership in managing the finance, accounting and purchasing function, creating a positive work culture, and providing support to help achieve company goals. The director works under the direction of the CEO and must have excellent listening and interpersonal skills, be a self-starter, and have exceptional organization skills. Leadership is going to rely on this role for accurate financial planning, forecasting and reporting in addition to ensuring the accounting and purchasing duties are efficiently and effectively executed. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. This is a full-time position which regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work.
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures and practices relating to the management of all accounting related functions including revenue recognition accounting, general ledger, reconciliations, accruals, and fixed asset accounting.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement change to increase efficiency, streamline workflow and create effective controls.
- Assist in planning and establishing economic goals and objectives for the company and providing forecast to actual analysis.
- Responsible for monthly financial close, reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Support M&A integration.
- Ensure accounting policies, procedures and controls are followed in compliance with GAAP guidelines.
- Prepare reports, which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income and expenses based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Prepare departmental and company-wide budget; monitor compliance throughout the year.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
- Manage the accounting and purchasing departments.
- Prepare financial statements, and work with outside resource on corporate income tax returns.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably with exposure to IT management consulting services
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, macros)
- Experience transitioning from QuickBooks to an ERP system preferred
- Ability to work with agility in a fast paced, multi-tasking, ever changing environment
- Acquisition integration experience preferred
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, provide financial advice and influence decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills
- Team oriented, adaptable, coachable, dependable with a strong work ethic
- Maintain high level of self-motivation and a positive approach to manage a team with common and individual goals
- Constant, quick, and accurate use of a personal computer, automation systems, and office equipment.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.