212 Lavaca St, Suite 300
Post Date: 04/05/2018
Job ID: 1826
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Director of Accounting
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for a Director of Accounting for a publicly traded company in downtown Austin. The Director of Accounting will be an integral part of the accounting team with the responsibility for overseeing the accounting function in a growing, fast-paced company. A successful Director of Accounting will be a CPA with public accounting experience that can work in the detail as well as strategically with management.
- Oversee and assist with performing the month, quarter and year-end close process, preparing financial statements, and completing variance analysis for the company.
- Manage all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, and financial reporting.
- Develop and manage External Reporting calendar. Manage the flow of information and supporting documentation from various parts of the company to ensure accurate and timely reporting;
- Liaison for auditors (tax, financial and SOX) as well as financial reporting function.
- Lead and manage the process of actively updating and maintaining accounting policies, such as working closely with process owners to update policies to reflect or improve processes and ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Assist with the managing of SOX compliance effort including maintaining the internal control documentation, implementing/editing of new and existing controls as needed. Work with auditors and related parties on all SOX related activities to ensure SOX 404 compliance;
- Ensure GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Create and prepare operational reports based on management’ s needs.
- Comfortable reviewing complex accounting transactions to determine accounting treatment based on GAAP standards.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting.
- Experience in public accounting as well as a publicly traded company.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence change and the ability to tailor communications to specific audiences.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with above average Excel skills.
- Demonstrated project management, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.