9301 Johnny Morris Rd
Type of Position: Operations
Job Number: 2220
Title: General Manager-Recycling Facility
Location: Dallas, Texas
Our client is seeking an experienced divisional operations leader, strategic thinker and excellent communicator to manage and grow the production, maintenance, transportation and shipping of a modern recycling facility. The General Manager will report to the Vice President of Operations.
Our client is a comprehensive environmental services company engaged in recovering resources through traditional recycling, document destruction, and alternative energy. This award winning company is an industry leader in diverting recyclable materials.
- Divisional Organization
- Leads and administers an organizational framework qualified to maintain functioning of all divisional departments.
- Develops objectives and standards of performance for projects within the Division required to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Must have ability to plan, budget, schedule, and supervise multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Ensures the cleanliness, maintenance and organization of the physical plant and all associated equipment and facilities.
- Fosters collaboration between and among personnel.
- Operational Activities
- Executes an effective operational program that maximizes throughput and quality of material.
- Directs the maintenance of all operating equipment in satisfactory condition.
- Directs the transportation and logistics managers in achieving all inbound and outbound shipping goals.
- Maintains and understand superior fiber, plastics, and metals production and quality throughout the entire plant.
- Works closely with President of Commodities Sales to ensure streamlined movement of material and high quality product.
- Safety and Regulations
- Ensures that all safety and regulatory requirements are met for the physical plant and fleet.
- Ensures that all operational and transportation staff are trained on relevant safety topics on a predetermined monthly basis.
- Communicates goals and objectives regularly, clearly, and effectively with all relevant staff and departmental managers.
- Maintains a monthly status report for the Vice President of Operations.
- Maintains a quarterly written report for the company’ s Board of Directors meant to inform them of all relevant trends and progress for the Division.
- Participates in developing an annual budget in coordination with Corporate accounting staff and other Division GM’ s.
- Maintaining Company Culture
- Creates an environment where creativity, teamwork, and accountability are openly practiced by all staff members.
- Organizes social as well as professional development opportunities for all staff that are focused on enriching their work experience as well as their productivity to the company.
- Rigorously enforces high standards for mutual respect amongst staff, emphasizing
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 3 years in the recycling, manufacturing, or similar industry in a management role
- Practical business management experience with a focus on operations management
- Experience developing and overseeing budgets and tracking and assessing performance with standard financial statements
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.