206 East 9th Street 19th floor
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 08/08/2018
Job ID: 2026
Industry: Executive Level
The Role: Country Manager
Location: Austin, TX
Hirebetter’ s client is an international currency transfer service that offers best in-class technology and award-winning customer service.
The Country Manager is accountable for the revenue and EBITDA generated by the company’ s American business. They have overall responsibility for growing the US team in a way that is scalable and cost-effective.
- Working within the parameters of the Global Strategy to develop, agree and implement local commercial strategies to maximize revenue opportunities across all channels
- Identify new opportunities for growth that fit the company’ s strategic proposition in the US market
- Collaborate with the Managing Directors and Global Country Management Team to identify areas of best practice and ensure process consistency across regions
- Work with global teams to ensure product is relevant and best-in-class locally
- Responsible for development and submission of the US budget/forecasts and accountable for achieving budget and remaining within agreed expenditure targets unless agreed with Managing Director, Europe & North America
- Responsible for interpreting management information and providing commentary on commercial performance, challenges, successes and opportunities for growth, vs budget
- Demonstrate control in developing, managing and reporting on action plans to overcome challenges to budgeted targets
- Build collaborative relationships with key support functions, locally and at Head Office to ensure the success of the US strategy
- Work with the US Compliance team to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements within the region. Alongside the Head of Compliance (US), represent the US business to the Regulator, as required
- Line management of direct reports, ensuring clear KPIs are set and reviewed regularly in addition to supporting and enabling professional development
- Leadership guidance to ‘ dotted-line’ reports who form part of Global functions as well as being members of the US office
- Lead country management meetings - set and circulate the agenda, ensure information is communicated, there is appropriate discussion on agenda items, actions are agreed and followed up
- Demonstrate thought leadership and influence through active participation in both internal and external forums, including but not exclusively, industry organizations, industry events, cross-departmental committees and country management meetings
- Continuously work to identify and implement opportunities to improve service quality and operating efficiency, reduce unit costs, and mitigate operational risk
- Develop a high performing and engaging employee culture
- Create and lead an environment where cross-team collaboration is encouraged, where openness and fairness to staff and clients is valued, and where you are visible and accessible to the US team(s) and broader organization as a leader
- Connect effectively with peers across multiple regions and engage in strategic discussions with leadership to create shared understanding; wins respect of the team through actions and approach
- Generate a compelling sense of common purpose around the vision and the strategy for achieving it
- Set transparent goals that clearly align with the company’ s strategy and inform operational planning and prioritization
- Balance the needs of the organization with the needs of the local business
- Manage a P&L and execute business strategies at a local/regional level
- Monitor change and likely changes in the market and business environment, and adjust plans, decisions and activities accordingly, understanding potential impacts and opportunities for the organization’ s strategy
- Identify, mitigate and appropriately leverage risk to the benefit of the company. Quickly spot changes in the environment or emerging trends that may create risk for the company.
- Use data to enhance the quality of strategic decision making.
- Support people and teams who appropriately question the status quo and innovate for the future; be honest when ideas can’ t be progressed, or action can’ t be taken
- Engage fully in workforce planning to ensure that capacity and capability levels are in line with current and future requirements
- Create an environment where high performance is expected, recognized and celebrated.
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role (5+ years), preferably within the financial services, ecommerce, non-bank financial institution, or Fintech industries
- Commercially focused experience, but with a holistic understanding of the operational, regulatory and acquisition-based activities needed to increase revenue and ensure ROI of cost expenditure
- Experience of regulatory engagement is beneficial
- Prior experience of FX, payments and ecommerce products highly beneficial, but not essential if experience is from related financial industries
- Experience in a global, matrixed organization and familiarity with global reporting lines is beneficial
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.