2600 Via Fortuna Bldg 1, Suite 260
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 05/19/2018
Job ID: 1894
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Controller
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’ s client is an investment fund manager providing real estate solutions to middle-market companies nationwide.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, Accounting & Administration, the Controller will direct the organization’ s accounting and finance practices, playing a significant role in supporting the company’ s operations and future growth initiatives. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership in entrepreneurial environments and working in a collaborative manner to effectively influence and implement the changes that are necessary for scaling the business.
- Reviewing and approving all bank transactions for release, including account transfers
- Review of periodic variance analysis reports
- Ensuring monthly financials are reported to the Director of Finance, Accounting & Administration on a timely basis
- Ensuring yearly financials are prepared on a timely basis for presentation to tax consultant
- Final review of all paid invoices, including mortgages and preferred distribution
- Preparing and processing biweekly payroll
- Annual review with accounting manager of all personnel in the department
- Ultimate responsibility for all financial statements
- Supervising and review of final annual audit
- Formulating policies for the department & ensuring management policies are carried through.
- Administration of enterprise resource planning software (Yardi)
- Maintaining contracts and agreements for office operations
- Continuously critically examine procedures and processes within the Accounting department to improve efficiency, controls and effectiveness
- Eight to ten years of experience including public accounting
- Undergraduate degree in accounting preferred
- CPA preferred
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting skills
- Experience in establishing/refining revenue recognition policies, including assessment of commercial contracts to ensure proper alignment of business objectives and revenue recognition
- Proven ability to effectively manage outside tax and audit professionals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of leading effectively through the dynamics of change in an entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional leadership skills, evidenced by successfully building, motivating, and managing high-performance accounting and finance teams in small to medium size companies and high growth environments
- Experience in implementing policy, process and operational changes across functions
- Reputation of teamwork, strong work ethic, integrity, candor and accountability to drive issues to resolution
- High level of experience with Excel required
- Experience with Yardi preferred
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.