3101 Bee Caves Road Suite 220
Post Date: 04/27/2018
Job ID: 1853
Industry: Accounting, Finance
We are currently searching for an Interim Controller for one of our Austin clients. The Interim Controller will be responsible for overseeing various projects and quickly establishing themselves as an integral team member through building relationships and making impactful decisions for the accounting department. The Interim Controller will be responsible for implementing sound policies and procedures and ensuring the department continues to be effective.
- Oversee and assist with performing the month-end and year-end close process, preparing financial statements, and completing variance analysis for the company.
- Ensure GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions, including working with service providers and other departments.
- Proven experience working with all levels throughout an organization.
- A proven consultant that can quickly assess the situation and plan a strategy to achieve results under a tight deadline.
- Management of the sales tax reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting
- 10+ years of experience, with at least 2 years as a consultant.
- Experience working in a fast-paced company environment during a time of transition.
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Experience with real estate or construction industries a plus
- Ability to work in the day-to-day financial details.
- Resourcefulness with a “ can-do” results-oriented attitude to challenges and problem solving.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred but not required
- Public accounting experience preferred.