4646 Perrin Creek #280
Post Date: 02/20/2018
Job ID: 1745
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Senior Accountant (Contract-to-Hire)
Location: San Antonio, TX
We are currently searching for a Senior Accountant (Contract-to-Hire) to work at one of our clients. The Senior Accountant (Contract-to-Hire) will be responsible for their areas of accounting most importantly accounts payable and payroll. The Senior Accountant (Contract-to-Hire) will be expected to quickly establish themselves as an integral team member through building relationships and making impactful decisions in the accounting department. A successful Senior Accountant (Contract-to-Hire) will have worked in a small company environment in the accounting field and possess a go-getter mentality to tackle new tasks.
- Responsible for assisting the controller with month-end and year-end close.
- Account reconciliations including bank reconciliations.
- Performing all accounts payable activities, including invoice submission tracking, general ledger and coding, obtaining invoice approvals, payment processing for multiple departments, preparing check run, filing and data storage, and creating process efficiencies as needed.
- Responsible for processing payroll and 1099’ s.
- Perform research on statements provided by suppliers to address all open items.
- Reconcile supplier accounts to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP.
- Rollforward various accounts and balance sheet review.
- Responsible for maintaining ledgers, monitoring credit balances and rectifying account irregularities.
- Enforce the Company travel and expense policy, ensuring all expense reports are input accurately and expeditiously into the system.
- Keep all company information confidential.
- Make sure everything is posted and all issues resolved by month end.
- Taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’ s Degree from an accredited institution in Finance, business, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting.
- Ability to key data accurately and quickly.
- Exceptional customer service skills and attitude.
- Critical thinker that takes initiative.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong problem-solving skills, organized, self-starter and a detail-oriented team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Comfortable working in a team environment or independently.
- NetSuite experience a plus but not mandatory.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.