7800 Shoal Creek Blvd. Suite 230 S
Post Date: 05/04/2018
Job ID: 1875
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Contract to Perm Assistant Controller
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for an Contract to Perm Assistant Controller for a public software company in Austin. The Contract to Perm Assistant Controller will be an integral part of the accounting team with the responsibility for overseeing the accounting function, including month-end and year-end close as well as the external audit. A successful Contract to Perm Assistant Controller will have the ability to jump in quickly and be comfortable recording daily transactions as well as strategically working with management.
- Oversee and assist with performing the month-end and year-end close process, preparing financial statements, and completing variance analysis for the company.
- Ensure GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions, including working with service providers and other departments.
- Responsible for recording, handling, researching and understanding complex accounting transactions.
- Assessing and if necessary creating and implementing policies, procedures, internal controls and detailed manuals.
- Prepare, manage and review month-end and year-end close process and financial statements, including journal entries, reconciliations and account analysis.
- Effectively lead, mentor and coach accounting team.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department' s goals and objectives.
- Establish yourself as a key advisor to business partners on financial matters. Become a sought out, value added resource.
- Other special projects and/or project management as needed.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance with 7+ years of experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)preferred.
- Public accounting experience required.
- Extensive understanding of GAAP, and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Ability to work in the day-to-day financial details, as well as analyze the business from a high-level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence change and the ability to tailor communications to specific audiences.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with above average Excel skills.
- Demonstrated project management, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- NetSuite experience a plus.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, and dedication.
- Experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Resourcefulness with a “ can-do” results-oriented attitude to challenges and problem solving.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.