13785 Research Blvd Suite 150
Post Date: 01/30/2018
Job ID: 1697
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Contract to Perm Accountant
Location: Austin, TX
We are currently searching for a Contract to Perm Accountant to work on projects at one of our well-established software clients. The Contract to Perm Accountant will be an integral part of the accounting team through detailed attention to invoicing. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of technical accounting/billing matters for a growing company. The Contract to Perm Accountant will be part of a cohesive team that challenges one another and works towards a common goal.
- Invoice new software orders as well as monthly renewals of maintenance and software subscriptions. Verify maintenance rates, contract terms, discount levels, and sales order information with specific attention to revenue recognition.
- Review and approve all invoices ensuring accounting policies are met including verify maintenance rates, contract terms, discount levels, and sales order information.
- Review and approve customer credit memos and write-offs ensuring accurate recording.
- Internal and External Ad Hoc requests
- Assist with sales and financial reporting needs, and support monthly close and reconciliation processes.
- Coordinates with supervisor to implement new processes, improvements and systems
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Rollforward various accounts and balance sheet review.
- Other projects or duties as required.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in accounting or finance required.
- 1+ years’ experience.
- Initiative and passion to perform with high standards for performance, accuracy, and integrity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organization and writing skills.
- Proactive team player that is a quick learner and likes to improve processes.
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- Resourcefulness with a “ can-do” results-oriented attitude to challenges and problem solving.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://jobs.hirebetter.com/. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.