7800 Shoal Creek Blvd. Suite 230 S
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2434
We are currently searching for a Senior Accountant (Temp to Perm) for an Austin based company. This position will have tremendous exposure to all aspects of the accounting cycle, and the ideal candidate has a solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes and internal controls.
- Monthly closing activities, including journal entries, general ledger reconciliations and other accounting transactions.
- Maintain overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger records and reconcile cash, investments, prepaid expenses, fixed and intangible assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses, and inter company accounts.
- Manage monthly close and consolidation process, and draft month-end analysis of financial statements for Assistant Controller.
- Maintain proper support and organization for transactions to support internal and external audits, including internal controls compliance.
- Assist with treasury management, including general ledger entry and correspondence with treasury service providers.
- Reconcile payroll and benefits invoices and post to the general ledger
- Assist with year-end financial and other audits.
- Research and resolve discrepancies with a focus on automation and process improvement.
- Develop, interpret and ensure the consistent application of financial policies.
- Be able to learn, adapt to and assist where needed in system implementations and upgrades
- Assist in providing data and analysis as required by management, auditors and internal business partners.
- Special projects as assigned from time to time including technical research and new business initiatives research, and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting.
- 4-6 years of experience in corporate and/or public accounting.
- In-depth understanding of accounting cycle, month-end close process and flow of financial information within the General Ledger.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and ability to research technical accounting issues and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to design and utilize effective spreadsheets.
- CPA or actively pursuing CPA certification.