5901 North Honore Avenue Suite 130
Post Date: 06/15/2018
Job ID: 1936
Industry: Accounting, Finance, Office, Administrative
The Role: Contract Bookkeeper
Location: Sarasota, FL
We are currently searching for an Interim Bookkeeper for one of our clients in Sarasota, Florida. The Interim Bookkeeper will perform the day to day transactional duties including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and reconciliations for the credit card and bank accounts. The ideal candidate will have worked in a small company environment in the accounting field and possess a go-getter mentality to tackle new tasks with little direction. The best candidate will be an independent worker that is comfortable interfacing with customers as well as working in an energetic environment. Must be proficient with QuickBooks Online.
- Performing all accounts payable activities, including invoice submission tracking, general ledger and project coding, obtaining invoice approvals, payment processing, and filing and data storage.
- Research, analyze, coordinate, and respond to incoming inquiries regarding status of accounts.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of full cycle accounts receivable including responsible for investigating delinquent accounts, contacting customers via verbal and written communications and preparing reports for management.
- Support monthly close and reconciliation processes as needed.
- Managing large amounts of data.
- Process and reconcile credit card payments, PayPal and petty cash and bank statements.
- Maintain accounting filing system and controls over accounting transactions.
- Special projects as required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a bookkeeper.
- QuickBooks online expert required.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to key data accurately and quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Solid problem-solving skills, analytical abilities, and attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service skills and attitude as well as comfortable working in an independent or collaborative team environment.
- Initiative and passion to perform with high standards.
- Proactive in nature.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and requirements.
Interested candidates should send their resume, including salary history to our recruiting team at http://hirebetter.com/open-roles. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.