250 Assay St. Ste. 500
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 04/05/2018
Job ID: 1817
Industry: Accounting, Finance, Non-executive
The Role: Collections Specialist
Location: Houston, TX
Our client is a growing industrial services company headquartered in Houston.
The Collections Specialist will be the first point of contact between customers and account receivable. In the position, you will work across business units to obtain accurate information and data to allow you to not only manage the process but be very hands-on in the day to day transactions. The ideal candidate will have managed successful collections projects within a national company.
- Manage collections process including relationships with internal and external parties
- Contact customers regarding past due balances and follow up with project managers and upper management if collecting becomes an issue
- Ensure compliance to all established policies and procedures
- First point of contact between customer and AR – route any billing requests/corrections to the right branch and AR clerk
- Liaison with outside legal counsel on all construction lien, bankruptcy, and collection lawsuits
- Manage all items on companywide aging including past due invoices, unapplied cash and credits
- Professionally handle all customer and sales requests via phone and email in a timely manner
- Provide daily AR collections updates for upper management
- Requires gathering all information necessary to file a M&M lien to give to attorneys
- Demonstrate general knowledge of commercial lien laws in multiple states to make sure the company does not lose lien rights
- Responsible for posting all bank receipts daily
- Work to build relationships with customers to improve payment frequency or delinquency
- Work closely with the accounts receivable managers
- A minimum of three years of experience with accounts receivable and collections
- An associate or bachelor’ s degree in accounting, finance or business
- General knowledge of commercial lien laws in multiple states
- Analytical and project management skills
- Excellent written and communication skills with a proactive communication style
- Experience with a large company
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL (formerly MS Solomon)
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.