612A East 6th Street
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 03/27/2018
Job ID: 1796
Industry: Executive Level, HR, Education, Training
The Role: Chief People Officer (CPO)
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter has been selected to represent this incredibly popular cinema chain as it develops its strategic vision for company culture across the organization. Our client owns theaters across the country but maintains its local roots in Austin, Texas. This company makes sure that every customer has an awesome experience, that employees are well taken care of, and that great movies are celebrated!
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative, and results-focused leader with the ability to imagine and build a best-in-class talent organization and a world class culture.
The CPO will report to the CEO and will serve as a key member of the Executive Team with the mandate of building and developing a strong, inclusive team that lives and breathes the company’ s core values. The CPO will ensure that the company attracts, develops, and retains exceptional, diverse team members that are committed to making a positive and sustained impact on our business and the communities we serve.
Additionally, the CPO will lead and oversee the full range of Human Resource (HR) functions including talent acquisition, employee training and development, employee happiness and retention, leadership development and succession planning, performance management, compliance, compensation and benefits.
- Set a clear, compelling vision for how to attract, develop, and retain exceptional talent. Create strategies that enhance our ability to develop and retain a highly motivated, creative, diverse and effective workforce.
- Serve as a member of the executive leadership team, advising and participating in the development of strategic plans, with particular focus on their impact on our people. Serve as an advocate for our team members within executive team meetings.
- Develop and implement strategies to nurture an inclusive, healthy work culture that values different viewpoints and provides opportunities for all team members to grow professionally. Lead initiatives to make the company a model of respect, equity and inclusion in all aspects of its human resources.
- Serve as a champion for company culture and core values across the organization. Help ensure our culture thrives during periods of aggressive growth.
- Develop and oversee programs to drive employee engagement and happiness. Own the eNPS employee feedback survey process.
- Recommend and implement compensation strategies to ensure that the organization stays competitive in the market and provides fair and equitable compensation for all team members.
- Build a world class training and professional development program across the organization. Create strong individual development plans for managers and strong succession plans for their teams.
- Coach and mentor our Franchise Operators on culture-related topics within their businesses.
- Ensure the company follows state and federal laws regarding employment practices, health and safety, labor relations, and all other applicable regulations.
- Cares deeply about people - you demonstrate deep empathy for staff members of all backgrounds
- Natural Leader - a strong team leader, manager, coach, and relationship builder. An innate people-intelligence & ability to be an agent of change in a diverse organization
- Perceptive and intuitive - you have your eyes and ears open and you know when to dig deeper into a situation; you have the ability to maintain your finger on the pulse of the culture and the team
- Structured and organized - you can easily prioritize multiple business-critical projects and initiatives, while paying keen attention to detail and not letting anything slip through the cracks
- Able to think globally but act locally - the programs you roll out will be used in our theaters across the company, each with its own local workforce and community
- HR experience - experience in HR leadership positions with a track record of building diverse, high-performing teams
- High emotional intelligence - able to influence and direct a wide range of personalities through a period of growth and change
- World-class communicator - able to articulate clearly to staff at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor' s degree in human resources management, business or public administration, or closely related field or equivalent combination of training experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience related to the role
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.