2121 Beard Street
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 08/07/2018
Job ID: 2060
Industry: Executive Level
The Role: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Port Huron, MI
Over the last 35 years our client has cornered the market in clutch return spring packs. They have a laser sharp focus, combined with a great team that has enabled them to be the global leader in their market. This organization collaborates with our customers all around the world in product development, and then manufacture these products on proprietary manufacturing equipment and processes they design and build internally.
Because of their ability to compete in the market place, our client is currently experiencing very rapid growth and is on target to double in size in the next two years. This is an exciting time and one where our client is strategically planning for the future.
The Chief Operating Officer will serve as the execution partner to the CEO and will provide operational infrastructure and leadership to the team. Seeking an experienced operational leader with the ability to execute strategy and optimize the company’ s performance to sustain their projected growth.
- Partner with the President in building the infrastructure and organization necessary to achieve the company’ s goal and objectives for growth
- Provide leadership for the organization’ s operations best places to work culture with a collaborative and results driven management style
- Hold the team accountable to established benchmarks required to monitor and report key performance indicators
- Ensure the operations of the company and support the strategic growth plans of the organization
- Drive organizations ongoing efforts to development and implement systems and best-in-class processes and procedures with he overall goal of operational excellence
- Spearhead innovation, understand the market and market drivers for key customers and industry sources
- Set company and individual goals and hold teams accountable
- Develop annual operating plan and provide forward looking guidance on risks associated with the company’ s operational performance
- Lead the team to a high level of execution, drive operational excellence
- Drive performance improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives to improve operational effectiveness as measured by quality, timeliness and safety
- Develop a roadmap for the design and implementation of best-in-class processes and related monitoring/reporting systems necessary for identification and implementation of cost and efficiency improvements
Partner with sales, marketing and finance teams to develop product demand forecasts and the annual operating plan
- Provide forward looking guidance on risks associated with the company’ s operational performance
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships towards internal and external customers and vendors
- Work with the team on inventory management
- Exceptional leadership skills, evidenced by a proven track record of successfully building, motivating, and managing high-performance teams
- 15+ years of manufacturing background, providing parts to automotive industry a big plus
- Possess a reputation of accountability to drive issues to resolution
- Proven track record leveraging technology to develop and implement efficient and effective processes and procedures in high growth environment
- Prior experience in scaling manufacturing operations to achieve 100% growth in revenue for an organization in a similar stage of growth
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport across the company while quickly and confidently gaining respect of others
- Ability to excel in an entrepreneurial family business environment
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.