4300 South Congress Avenue
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2377
The Role: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter has been retained by a leading commercial services company to identify a Chief Financial Officer. Our client is a well-established company servicing the Austin and San Antonio markets since 1972. The company has three different service segments: project, service and maintenance work within the HVAC, plumbing, electrical and refrigeration product line verticals. Our client values include creating a warm company culture with cool people to work with! Our client’ s vision is to become a national platform serving customers from coast-to-coast.
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regards to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts, (field gross margin & EBITDA margin targets).
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Act as the key stakeholder for their new ERP system, (NetSuite), which provides critical financial and operational information to the organization and Board.
- Implement financial policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by the senior leadership team.
- Lead and maintain all key banking relationships, making sure we are in compliance with the operational covenants.
- Support CEO by preparing materials for the Board meetings and other executive meetings as needed.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required. Mentor and develop a team of five members, with the potential to grow the organization as we grow the business.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and other key financial support vendors.
- Responsible for the preparation and development of the annual operating budget, (revenue, expense, capital and cash budgets) and related budget financial statements consistent within FCS guidelines.
- Prepare and present weekly, monthly and annual financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide operational recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives and/or new service offerings.
- Create key financial and operating metrics, (KPI’ s), that provide insights into operational decisions.
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, database and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Ensure GAAP compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for the internal executive team and the company’ s board of directors.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure operational funds availability.
- Actively manage accounts receivables and daily cash collections and AP department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACH transactions.
- Create weekly cash collections report and forecast for CEO.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regards to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Actively manage project estimates, while ensuring with divisional management the successful achievement of targeted gross margin requirements.
- Review monthly cost reports with Project Managers. Offer analysis on monthly changes and identify any potential cost issues on each project.
- Participate in the executive team deal committee to approve various larger project opportunities.
- Create MBO’ s (Management by Objectives), goals and monitor and review performance as per company guidelines.
- Seasoned financial manager with a minimum of a bachelor’ s degree in a related field. Prefer advanced degrees and professional certifications (MBA, CCIFP, Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Management Accountant).
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible financial and c-suite experience in a large and complex organization is required.
- Demonstrated deep operational expertise with NetSuite ERP
- Significant experience in or knowledge of GAAP accounting, compliance and reporting.
- Honest, direct communication style.
- Strong skills in communications and interpersonal relations.
- Skilled decision-maker, with transparency in decision-making and management.