8105, 60 N. Market Street
Type of Position: Operations
Job Number: 2306
The Role: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Asheville, NC
Our client has created something truly special. Our client teaches entrepreneurs business, marketing, systems and sales in a way that entrepreneurs can get it. They have thousands of clients and students who count on their programs, coaches, and content to help them build businesses, fine-tune mindsets and habits, and master marketing and sales. Our client provides coaching, in-person retreats and provides cutting0edge authentic marketing and business strategies to entrepreneurs. They have over 22, 000 subscribers and believe in the following core values:
- Everyone - even the most creative and chaotic entrepreneur – can create a thriving business – either online or offline
- Every business owner must focus on both the strategic and the energetic work for the highest impact and outcomes
- Creating world-class programs that get real-life results
Our client has been extremely successful and is now at an inflection point and they go through the process of shifting out of the internet launch model and build a system of elegant and message-centric funnels. As the company shifts, they have recognized the need for a strategic integrator/chief operating officer to run the business along with the visionary CEO.
The chief operating officer position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company
- Manage and lead team quarterly, monthly, weekly, daily meeting pulse and agenda, meticulously communicating and keeping energy and focus on results and metrics
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company: Manage to KPI/OKR’ s, lead the timeline, make changes and tweaks based on results and numbers
- Create, monitor and measure lead and lag measures for company goals and projects – building and managing dashboards and cadences of accountability
- Work with, listen to, and advise the CEO for the required planning, letting go, timelines, and restructuring as the company grows
- Build and develop an A-level team, being able to spot key gaps and the roles needed for filling those gaps
- Provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program
- Bottom line: Build a beautiful company
- Digital marketing experience, working in businesses that have complex content calendars, high-touch social customer service, and multi-tiered sequences of online launches, funnels, emails, etc.
- Digital familiarity: Expertise with Basecamp, Dropbox, Slack, Trello, Google Drive/Docs, InfusionSoft
- Deep understanding of complex CRM systems, metrics, lists and segmentation, and interpreting data
- Experience with on-line marketing and launches for web-based businesses
- Speaking of entrepreneurial businesses… you are familiar with the often-crazy pace that comes with the rapidly changing growth in an online world
- Experience scaling small businesses and managing teams
- Proven success of honing in on the assets and strengths of a company and strategically leveraging those assets and building and managing a team toward growth
- Adaptable and flexible enough to roll with the inevitable changes that arise in a changing internet landscape with an idea-driven entrepreneur
- Strategic and able to lead team as the driving and organizing force behind the owner/entrepreneur
- Able to see the big picture and thrive on making things run smoothly, and have excellent communications skills so that everyone on the team is on the same page
- Project Management: Demonstrated ability to develop and manage projects (and the tasks, teams and milestones within) with a focus on results, KPI’ s and keeping enthusiasm high
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission
- Ability to thrive in a creative and fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.