PO Box 1549
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 02/26/2018
Job ID: 1731
Industry: Other Area(s)
The Role: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Austin, TX
Our client, a Texas-based leader with decades of proven experience in boutique legal publishing targeting transactional lawyers, provides information services through subscriptions to its online content, reference materials, webinars, blogs, newsletters and treatises.
The Chief Executive Officer will have overall responsibility for leading the company, including directing the company’ s strategy, developing the processes and infrastructure that will drive financial performance, improving the company’ s web products and overall brand presence, developing and expanding the company’ s sales and marketing functions, and driving strategic execution of product innovations that will fuel revenue growth. The Chief Executive Officer will work closely with the Board of Directors and company ownership to lead the organization by demonstrating and fostering a culture of personal responsibility, initiative, and integrity.
- Integrate effectively with the Board and other stakeholders to understand objectives for the business, as well as to provide critical insights necessary for stakeholders to provide effective support
- Develop infrastructure, systems and processes to promote company growth
- Develop the organization' s short and long-term goals and strategies
- Align departmental strategy with the overall goals of the organization
- Develop an organizational plan focused on employment decisions including hiring, promotions and terminations
- Build and manage a high-performing team that can effectively execute plans in support of the company’ s growth
- Oversee the company’ s sales functions and initiatives with accountability for delivering results
- Spearhead improvements in branding of the company’ s various web products and market collateral
- Some travel possible to meet large clients and represent company at annual industry conference
- Experience in strategic planning and execution including formulating operating plans and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources, as well as analyze and interpret financial data
- Entrepreneurial experience growing a company and building a team for scale
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to communicate successfully with all levels
- Legal industry experience, with specific background in selling to the legal function of public companies; Juris Doctorate preferred
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.