250 Assay St. Ste. 500
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 1971
THE ROLE: Assistant Controller
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
Our client utilizes proven technologies to meet the needs of the Petrochemical, Industrial, and Energy sectors by providing industrial services that include coatings and linings, fireproofing, scaffolding, installation, and abatement. Their client list is impressive; they conduct business with over 500 customers annually. Our client has a consistent safety track record while experiencing meaningful growth.
To keep up with their projected growth over the coming years, our client is seeking to bring aboard an Assistant Controller to work side by side with the Controller on all financial-related tasks. This pivotal role will work closely with the accounting team to ensure all deliverables are being met and will be the hands-on manager for the accounting team.
- Supervise and assist GL Manager, AP Manager and AR Manager
- Work closely with Purchasing/Receiving department
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with established best practices
- Coordinate financial audits for the annual audit and semi-annual bank audits
- Review the company’ s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate and maintain records
- Proven experience as an assistant controller or other similar positions
- Solid knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent knowledge of project accounting and financial processes
- Understanding of data analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics SL)
- Well-organized with the ability to prioritize
- Excels in managing expectations with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- BS in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.