12141 Wickchester Lane
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 02/27/2018
Job ID: 1770
Industry: Accounting, Finance
THE ROLE: Assistant Controller
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
Our client is a leader in the custom fabrication of specialized equipment and systems, pressure vessels, and other weldments. The company specializes in engineered products for onshore/offshore oil and gas transmission, processing and production, subsea oil and gas tie-backs, ASME Code pressure vessels, and other segments of the energy services industry. Our client employs over 900 people across three custom fabrication facilities in Houston, TX. Well positioned to capitalize on the resurgence of the US energy infrastructure and the rapidly growing needs of its customers, our client is operationalizing plans to dramatically grow over the next five years.
To keep up with the projected growth over the next five years, our client is seeking to bring aboard an Assistant Controller to their Accounting Team. The Assistant Controller will be managing high volume accounts payable and accounts receivable. They will work closely with division operations management identifying and communicating project profitability matters on a real time basis.
- Oversight and support of A/R and Billing personnel to insure timely and accurate invoicing of project milestone billings and change orders in accordance with the customer contract
- Oversight and support of A/P and personnel to insure timely and accurate processing of invoicing and payments to vendors in accordance with the customer terms
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for monthly and annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecast
- Assist with Internal and External Audit request as needed, participate in the preparation for the annual audit
- Manage and support divisional Project Controls personnel through effective oversight of company’ s project management and dashboard system(s)
- Working with Project Management, Shop Management, and Estimating personnel to accurately forecast project man-hours, revenues and costs in support of job tracking, dashboards, and the POC accounting close
- Working with Estimating personnel to insure accurate and consistent input of job estimates into job tracking and dashboard system(s)
- Working with Project Management and Purchasing personnel to ensure that ongoing requisitioning and purchase of job related costs are consistent with the job estimate(s)
- Support Project Management personnel in the identification and formulation of project change orders back to customers as supported by the customer contract
- Support Corporate and Division Accounting personnel with project information needed for monthly and quarterly financial reporting close
- Accounting degree with 3+ years of experience in accounting and/or finance related positions
- Strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills necessary to support management team for monitoring and reporting all project economics
- Demonstrated expertise in financial project management and Percentage-of-Completion (“ POC”) accounting issues
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Sage MAS200 a plus or proficiency with other accounting system
- Demonstrated an ability to work with personnel throughout the organization through both direct and indirect networks; be a consensus builder and change agent
- Ability to support and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and assess priorities across businesses
- Strong orientation to leadership, teamwork, and positive communication; an effective facilitator, teammate, and manager
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.