500 W 5th Street
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 05/04/2018
Job ID: 1851
Industry: Accounting, Finance
The Role: Assistant Controller
Location: Austin, TX (Downtown)
We are currently searching for an Assistant Controller for a quickly expanding publicly traded Austin based company. The Assistant Controller will perform general accounting duties, including month-end close and preparation of financial statements. The Interim Assistant Controller will also be responsible for overseeing the team and review their work.
A successful Assistant Controller will have several years of experience in a corporate environment with proven experience in process improvements and mapping. This person will quickly establish themselves as an integral team member through building relationships and making impactful decisions for the accounting department.
- Prepare, manage and review month-end and year-end close process and financial statements, including journal entries, and account analysis.
- Detailed preparation and review of account reconciliations.
- Ensure GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions, including working with service providers and other departments.
- Effectively lead, mentor and coach accounting team.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department' s goals and objectives.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Establish yourself as a key advisor to business partners on financial matters. Become a sought out, value added resource.
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the close process and implement process improvements
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement and implement automation of processes and work closely with parent company to integrate processes and policies.
- Prepare various reports/analysis as needed.
- Other special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience with two years preparing monthly close.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, and dedication.
- Experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Self-motivated, mature, patient and versatile.
- Resourcefulness with a “ can-do” results-oriented attitude to challenges and problem solving.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.