9185 Research Blvd
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2273
Accounts Payable Specialist
We have an Accounts Payable Specialist job opportunity in Austin, Texas. Candidates must have 2+ plus years of recent experience to be considered for this position.
The Accounts Payable Specialist job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable cycle.
- Performing all accounts payable activities, including invoice submission tracking, general ledger, and project coding, obtaining invoice approvals, payment processing for multiple programs, filing and data storage, and creating process efficiencies as needed.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation.
- Research, analyze, coordinate, and respond to incoming inquiries regarding the status of invoices and payments.
- Reconcile supplier accounts to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Responsible for maintaining ledgers, monitoring credit balances and rectifying account irregularities.
- Responsible for reviewing own work to ensure accuracy including formulas in excel.
- Assist with various accounts payable special projects as needed.
- Perform special projects, other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Extensive experience with Accounts Payable, at least 2 years.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. (i.e. Pivot tables, V lookups)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of full cycle accounts payable.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to key data accurately and quickly.
- Exceptional customer service skills and attitude.
- Comfortable working in a team environment or independently.
- Experienced with NetSuite software strongly preferred.
- Energy and passion for getting the job done; ability to jump in.
- Proactive in nature and focused.
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred.