250 Assay St. Ste. 500
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2248
THE ROLE: Accounting Manager
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
Our client utilizes proven technologies to meet the needs of the Petrochemical, Industrial, and Energy sectors by providing industrial services that include coatings and linings, fireproofing, scaffolding, insulation, and abatement. Their client list is impressive; they conduct business with over 500 customers annually. Our client also has a consistent safety track record while experiencing meaningful growth.
To keep up with the projected growth over the coming years, our client is seeking to bring aboard an Accounting Manager to support the fireproofing division. The Accounting Manager will work closely with the accounting team and the Division Vice President on high volume accounts payable, accounts receivable and identifying and communicating project profitability matters on a real time basis.
- Work closely with Project Managers and analyze cost of projects
- Manage and support Project Managers to analyze cost of projects and provide oversight of company’ s project management and dashboard system(s)
- Provide oversight and support of A/R to insure timely and accurate invoicing of project milestone billings and change orders in accordance with the customer contract
- Oversight and support of A/P twice a month to insure timely and accurate processing of invoicing and payments to vendors in accordance with the customer terms
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for monthly and annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecast
- Assist with Internal and External Audit request as needed, participate in the preparation for the annual audit
- Working with Project Management, Shop Management, and Estimating personnel to accurately forecast project man-hours, revenues and costs in support of job tracking, dashboards, and the POC accounting close
- Working with Estimating personnel to insure accurate and consistent input of job estimates into job tracking and dashboard system(s)
- Working with Project Management and Purchasing personnel to pull reports and insure that ongoing requisitioning and purchase of job-related costs are consistent with the job estimate(s)
- Support Project Management personnel in the identification and formulation of project change orders back to customers as supported by the customer contract
- Support Corporate and Division Accounting personnel with project information needed for monthly and quarterly financial reporting close
- Accounting degree with 4+ years of experience in project accounting
- Strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills necessary to support management team for monitoring and reporting all project economics
- Demonstrated expertise in financial project management and Percentage-of-Completion (“ POC”) accounting issues
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics expertise or proficiency with other project accounting system such as Sage, Epicor or NetSuite
- Demonstrated an ability to work with personnel throughout the organization through both direct and indirect networks; be a consensus builder and change agent
- Ability to support and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and assess priorities across businesses
- Strong orientation to leadership, teamwork, and positive communication; an effective facilitator, teammate, and manager
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.